News from Peru!
NEW RULES VISITING MACHU PICCHU WILL APPLY STARTING JULY 1, 2017:
1. There are 2 times to enter to the Citadel of Machu Picchu as follow: from 6:00Am to 12:00Noon and from 12:00 noon to 5:30PM.
2. Passengers must stay no longer than 4 hours per ticket entrance. To stay longer you need to purchase a 2nd ticket and re-enter after 12:00 Noon.
3. The use of a tour guide is mandatory.
Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain
Do I need a guide to visit Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain?
No, it is not necessary a guide to visit Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountains, however, if you want to visit Machu Picchu as well, a guide service is needed. You can have the visit to Machu Picchu before or after Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountains. The point of meeting with the guide will be advise locally
New Sacred Valley Train Service
Staring July, 17, 2017 Peru rail offers a new train called Sacred Valley. The desing of Peru Rail Sacred Valley train is inspired by the elegance of 1920. On the way to Machu Picchu passengers can savor a gourmet lunch; while a gastronomic feast will be offered for dinner on the way back from the Inca Citadel. Both meals may be accompanied by a glass of wine and petit fours. The train travels through the Urubamba Valley making a brief stop at the Belmond Hotel Rio Sagrado, allowing the guests to board and disembark from its station. The Peru Rail Sacred Valley train operates operates daily except the first Sunday of every month.
KUELAP NEW CABLE CAR!
Kuelap, discovered before than Machu Picchu, is a city linked with the Chachapoyas culture built in 6th century AC. The complex counts of over four hundred buildings surrounded by huge exterior stone walls. This city now offer 2 new services that allow a better experience to the visitor as follow:
1) Cable Cars that will allow the visitors to get the archeological complex in 20 minutes (used to be 90 minutes)
2) Additional non stop air frequencies of local airlines
News from Chile and Argentina!
From January 01 2017, USA citizen won`t pay Reciprocity Fee when they arrive in Argentina.
From Feb 28th 2014, USA citizen won`t pay Reciprocity Fee when they arrive in Chile.